Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving To All!

Here is a sample of a little treat I baked up for a dear friend of mine, her friendship is one of the things I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving, and however many guests she ends up with...
And one more picture with a little brighter light, I think...Can you tell they are turkey shaped???   :)
Anyways, most of them have a pumpkin filling, some of them have a pumpkin and butter rum cream swirl filling and one of them has an apple butter rum cream swirl filling. I am thinking it would be fun to offer a surprise for the person who gets that one, that way they get two surprises in one!

I got this idea from looking around Bakerella's site...she got the idea to make pie pops from Luxirare...and so the fruits of one woman's labors are spread afar! I didn't do pops because mine are pretty good sized and slid right off the sticks! But, I can't wait to try making some cake pops next. If anyone reading this has made them let us know and throw in any tips you can think of, as well. A lovely sister of mine helped me with the filling when she was over this past weekend. She made the pumpkin swirl cheesecake tart recipe that I have posted on here somewhere. It was just as good as it sounds and looks really cool so make sure you check it out. It is easier to make than it sounds. But we had almost enough filling for two pie shells so I saved it and added some extra stuff to it and wah-la! Pie pop filling. Can I still call them pie pops since I left the sticks out? Hmmm...

Hope everyone has a very blessed Thanksgiving and has much to give thanks for!

3 comments:

  1. These were sooo good! Everyone enjoyed these. I think everyone enjoyed the fact that you could eat these without a plate and fork. Great for munching on while playing games.
    Thanks for bringing these, YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! I loved them, as well. It was super convenient that you didn't need a plate and fork so I think I will make these my go to dessert for potlucks or buffet style dinners. Only I will make the little round ones and not the turkey ones, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, sounds like tasty fillings! They look great. Very turkey-esque. I also would like to try my hand at her cake pops! I have all these extra lollipop sticks afterall. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just a line I still love to hear from YOU!
Thanks :)