Friday, June 3, 2011

So busy...

So my dear sis is getting married July 3rd and I have been really blessed to have the time to be able to help her out with lots of the details...and so I have decided that, instead of the ginormous wedding I always thought I wanted if I ever got married, I would like to elope! Actually it's not that bad, but you might be surprised how many little details there are to such an event...and that one day, important as it is, is really just the start of something so much bigger and so much more important; a marriage. When a man and woman leave their parents and cleave unto one another. Actually the Bible says the man is to leave his parents and cleave unto his wife and they shall be one flesh. What does cleave mean anyways? It's a primitive root; properly to impinge, that is, cling or adhere; figuratively to catch by pursuit: - abide, fast, cleave (fast together), follow close (hard, after), be joined (together), keep (fast), overtake, pursue hard, stick to, take. Sounds...manly. Sounds like what most wives want in a husband. Sounds like the man has quite a responsibility to go after his woman and keep her, pursue her...which makes the advice to continue dating each other, even after you marry, even more sound since it is so obviously Biblical...but I'm not saying anything you guys don't know, now am I? ;) Hope all you who are already married are pursuing one another with the love God desires you to share with one another...and for all you singles: have a good weekend, too! :) And may we all consider that our Husband pursues us, night and day, and so let us yield to Him in everything and receive His love with joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just a line I still love to hear from YOU!
Thanks :)