Friday, January 27, 2012

Some new cards I made this week...

Happily crafted what I hope are some lovely cards, some I can't show you just yet because some of my dear readers will be receiving some of them, but others I can share already so here you go:
 This is the cutest vintage styled card, it came together fairly quickly and I heart it! Someday I'll send it out...


 This one is for a lady to give her brother-in-law that's just like a brother...if that makes any sense... : )
 Random card shaped like a giant gift tag...with glitter!!!
 I made this one a long time ago but I don't think I ever posted a picture of it so...its better coordinated than it appears, though...and glittery!
 I think the next one is just funny...if you get it, that is. It was a real quote from a website of quotes, only I can't remember now who said it. Probably because I think they can't have been serious...

I know it doesn't seem like much but it takes me at least an hour to make a simple card. If it has handmade embellishments, like rosette's or cut-out pop-ups or pop-out text/pictures or glitter or embossing or inking, then it takes at least 3 hours to plan, make and assemble all the parts, not counting drying time for any individual pieces that need drying between working stages, which is why I'm usually working on several cards at a time. But I really love doing this creative stuff, no matter how long it takes which it probably takes so long because I'm a perfectionist and I tend to fuss over little details that probably no one else ever even notices, but I do! : ) I especially love it when someone has a special request for a card they would like to give someone else. And on that note I want to say a big *THANK YOU* to my sister, Shandy, for all her special requests that I have hopefully, she hasn't seen them yet, fulfilled satisfactorily!

Hope everyone has a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just a line I still love to hear from YOU!
Thanks :)